Originally Posted by 6PAX
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
If it wasn't for the modern Mopars these shows would have been done by now, they pay the bills! We came to that conclusion about 10 years ago with our local shows... work

I suspect a lot more of us older generation are going to lose interest in going due to all the newer cars showing up. I for one fall into that group and this Nats was most likely my last one after 29 years. If I want to see the newer cars I can always just run down to the local dealership but I don't have any interest in seeing the newer cars at all. I and my friend that went with me to the Nats were talking about this during the ride home. What I would like to see is, if the number of classic Mopar owner's is on the decline, perhaps the Nats be held at a smaller venue like Norwalk for just the older classic Mopars. The newer generation car owner's could also start their own event as well.

A lot of people like to live in the past too. laugh2

I love both old and new Mopars.

The newer generation of Challengers is now 13-14 years old so they're not that new anymore.

There's a reason that people buy and drive them to events like the Mopar Nats, you can actually enjoy driving the car on the trip not just trailer it there and drive it as little as possible for fear of hurting the investment value.

Lets face it, most old Mopars are lucky to be driven 1,000 miles a year, I put 1,100+ miles on my 2010 SRT Challenger just going to the Nats.

The problem with both old and new cars is that too many people think that they should look exactly like they came off the assembly line.
I'll walk right past a perfectly restored car (usually over restored) to look at something modified or personalized.
Too many people want it stock for nothing more than investment value.
They never drive their cars at all so they're not actually enjoying them for what they were built for.

I started changing things on my 2010 as soon as I got it to personalize it and plan to keep doing that.

Every old Mopar I past on the way there and back was on a trailer being towed there, It wasn't being driven there.

I've trailered our 69 Dart GTS there before, but its more of a race car since it has 4.30 gears so a 550 mile one way trip would be tough

I've gone to every Mopar Nats since 1984, we'll be there next year too.

If you didn't enjoy yourself at the Mopar Nats, that's all on you and your attitudes about what should be there.

I took pictures of anything I thought was interesting or different, I enjoyed myself. twocents

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol