Reassembled cluster. Found the ground wire from the main wiring bundle, looks perfect, no corrosion between ground wire and mount. Took the time to convert the dash lights to LEDs. Plugged everything up. Power on, key on, I have gauge lights but the brake light is pulsing, much like the low fuel LED. Broke out the multimeter to see if I have 5v coming from the voltage limiter.

I saw almost an average of about 5.5v in the pulses, but in moving around to check things the voltage limiter suddenly crapped out. The LED on the limiter kicked the bucket, the low fuel light shut off, the brake warning light shut off, and the alt gauge started leaning heavy to "C". The gauge lights still function and the car will still crank over and start.

I still have the stock voltage limiter on-hand. I can plug it back in for a quick test, and I'll order another RTE unit ASAP. Not sure what I jostled to make things unhappy...was just poking around using multimeter leads at the back of the voltage limiter.

And the next person to tell me that removing and installing the cluster is "easy"... weld