More work has been done. Popped the sensor wire off of the temperature sensor, ran a ground to the battery, and hit it with a AA battery with the wife in the car watching. Nothing, not so much as a twitch. I believe the gauges are cooked. This leaves me with the new speedometer and the fuel gauge that reads 1/8th when the tank is topped off.

This also leaves me at a bit of a conundrum. I want to keep the OEM feel of the car, but I really want a Rallye cluster in the car. At some point, I am going to pull the whole dashboard out so I can send it off to Just Dashes to get the crack in the dash cover repaired. I would be somewhat alright with just a functioning speedometer and fuel gauge for the time being, but I wouldn't be completely comfortable on longer trips like I want to do. (read: RMRW, Power Tour, etc.)

For now, I'll watch eBay and start poking around. Any other ideas that I could try out, let me know. Once this tank of fuel runs low I'll drop the tank and have a look-see at the sending unit. I appreciate all of the help!