Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ
One thing that was discussed by some of my buddies was that they screwed up when they made the Cuda front rubber bumper was they only made it for a 1970 and not a 71.
The lower grill opening is narrower to match the lower valance opening on a 71 so the 1970 bumper doesn't work.

Gene Gregory made his all off a 71 mold and then cut out the opening when needed for a 1970 Cuda.

That probably had a negative effect on AMD's sales of the bumpers.

Agreed, when I saw the 70 front bumper offering, I thought the same thing, why not make a 71 mold and cut the 71's to 70 specs when needed....part of AMD's problems are just like most repro manufacturers, no "design by committee," meaning multiple knowledgeable people in a group planning a practical design from start to finish....the other problems with AMD is having some hack shops or individuals doing the Alpha/Beta install/test fits......poor feedback/knowledge/skill results in poor parts in the customer's hand, but I have to give AMD kudos for what they offer, most of us remember the dark years where even NOS was scarce, never mind no reproduction offerings

MikeG