Well, my new to me, "used" torsion bars have been in the truck for about a week.
On the adjusting bolt you could easily see where the bar height was set since the truck was new. Originally, I screwed them up another 5-6 revolutions, and they only stayed up about a week before they were right back where they started. That was why the torsion bar hunt started. My concern was not the near maxed out adjustment, it was that the bars settled that far that fast.

With the new to me bars installed, I originally set them at the same adjustment the old bars were originally set at, a short drive out of the driveway and up to the first turn, returned me back to home. I raised the new bars about 8-9 turns up and went for another ride. That one was much better, the 8-9 turns lifted the front end about 2". With somewhere around 150 miles on it since then, I had to give the passenger side bar another 2 turns up to make the truck level, but the good news is, it hasn't settled any that I can tell. There is about another 5 or 6 turns before the adjusting bolt is bottomed out, if it settles down any more I will have to lift the body up off the frame at least an inch, or maybe an inch and a half. That will require some modifications to the radiator support and the bolt on locations for the running boards. The reality is I will probably end up doing that anyway. Much better to get that out of the way before the truck gets painted.

As it is right now, when the tires are turned extremely right or extremely left, the inner turning tire will rub slightly on the inner fender where it rests against the cab floor as the truck moves forward or rearward. That slight rub is on the thread face of the tire only when turned as sharp as it will turn. A size smaller tire, or a lift of the body off the frame another inch would solve the problem, 2" would allow me to back the torsion bars half way back to the original height. At 2" I would also need to adjust the front bumper height. There is always a learning curve. Gene