Thanks for the numbers, but those torsion bars are also discontinued. It would be nice if they could at least give a guy the length and diameter, but noooooo. There is an 04 Durango sitting here and those bars are an inch longer then the bars in the 96 are. I can buy the 04 bars new yet. I've considered moving the rear torsion bar anchor crossmember back that extra inch...

It looks like I'm pretty well stuck with used bars. I did find a Hollander part number for the 96 318 bars, and it pretty well tells me the part is for 87-96 heavy duty V6 or standard duty V8. Light duty V6 are different numbers, and heavy duty V8 are a different number.

I've found a pair of the standard duty V8 bars about 100 miles from home for $50 each, looks like that is the direction I'm going to go. I'll call the place tomorrow and arrange a pickup date. Hopefully the high mileage won't have much effect on how long they last. It sounds like they tend to sag over time, but doesn't sound like breakage is much of an issue. Hopefully the bars I'm getting haven't been supporting a snowplow all these years.

Once they get on this truck, they won't see much weight other then the stock front end weight. Gene