Originally Posted by hemi70se
I'm going through being a victim right now with Paypal. A month ago my dormant Paypal account got hacked into. The scammer then changed the password and added his bank account from the Bronx NY, then turned off the instant payment notifications. He then ghosted a few legit business websites where people must have thought they were opening a tab to a legit business when it was not. People then placed orders and paid with Paypal. I can't believe people are so stupid to think a legit business uses ONLY Paypal for payment! The scammer received about $12,000 in purchase orders over 3 days and quickly transferred the money to HIS own bank account. I finally get a call from Paypal for suspicious activity. And tons of emails from pissed off people wondering where their items they bought are. The absurd thing is Paypal allowed a person to change my password without positive ID of my last 4 SS numbers or a phone call verification to the phone number on file. I have since added the text to my phone verification code for each time I log in. I HIGHLY recommend this!! or drop your useless paypal account

Had similar happen to me with PayPal. I dumped the account and will never open another.

Never, ever argue with an IDIOT. They will drag you to their level and then beat you with their years of experience