Capital One is pretty good. They will stop a transaction that their AI flags as suspicious and send me a text message that I then have to approve. I will get a message while at a gas pump while I'm trying to buy gas in a different city.

Yesterday morning some scumbag tried buying a Nintendo Switch (handheld gaming thingy, sheesh) from Gamestop and vaping stuff from Walmart. Not food, diapers, medicine. Go figure!!! The Gamestop purchase was allowed but the Walmart was flagged and locked up the card.

I called Gamestop online sales. They put a hold on the FedEx shipment and are having it redirected/returned. The low life was having it delivered to a LOCAL motel. So it must have been a local dirt bag.

I never give my credit card number info out locally. I'm thinking they may have possibly got something out of the trash? Like a document that I may have faxed and then thrown away. I bought a commercial shredder today for the office. We have old records shredded by a large truck that comes and does it right before our eyes but I'm going to shred everything myself now. Even daily/weekly notes/faxes/etc. OR they could have photo copied my business card when it was out of my sight like they do at a restaurant (but I don't buy meals with my business card?). Then looked up my name. Associated it with the business and then copied all my address, phone number and email info. All my legitimate was associated with the order except it was being delivered to a motel front desk. I received a "thanks for the order and here's your tracking" confirmation. I'm sure motels, that get shipments for customers all the time, I know I've even done that for work, probably aren't at security savvy and may have given the package to a bad guy if he just provided a copy of the receipt.

Wish there was a way to specify that my credit card would ONLY allow shipments to the billing address. I know some businesses will only ship to the billing address.

hotel.jpg

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets