So years at the track I broke a stock axle, no big surprise it was 40 years old or so... Replaced the axles with Strange axles and today I snapped another one, on the street. Was fooling around and did a half hearted burnout, just enough that it hooked hard and bang... I haven't torn it apart yet but I suspect I twisted it off at the spline as before.

So now I'm torn, do I buy axles again or just bite the bullet and finally put a Dana in this thing.

If I was still employed it'd be a no brainer however I'm on disability since cancer surgery, chemo etc...

Needless to say money is an issue. Considering Dr Diff for a new Dana, anyone have an idea, what the dimensions I need to give him are for a 67 B body, stock width, I do have Caltracs and Mono leafs on the car.

My 8 3/4 has a Detroit Locker but I don't remember how many splines it is I also have no idea how I got the broken stub out before, I know I didn't pull the pig...

This stuff was a lot easier before but these days just cutting my grass kicks my butt so I'm trying to come up with a plan I can actually manage on my own...

Just looking for suggestions, I really just want to replace axles but I also need it to hold up to my stupidity...

67 Coronet
400 Block 500" stroker, 10.8 compression
Bulldog heads (yes I'm the guy who bought the only set they sold. Yes I'm know they sold more, at least 1 more set I'm sure... Lol)
Cam is ~630 lift, .263 duration
MP M1 single plane
CRT trans
Dynamic converter ~ 3800 stall
Det Locker 4.30 gears

Thanks!

Doug

1967 "Pedal Car" 500" low deck , TF 727, 4.30 Locker
Best to Date: 11.67 @ 114.9 1.64 60ft

"Kids in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause kids..."