Ah Dave like so many Internet experts , you don't have a clue...................
1st Don't ever question me on anything to deal with the G3 Blocks, PERIOD ...I will prove you wrong 100% of the time, .there are only 2 ways to have an Eagle block drilled from End to end...It's either the only one EVER....Or your lying....I'm going with Lying

1st PHOTO is of the Blockage in the casting, see during the machine processes they drill from both ends and stop before reaching the "center point "of the block........and ALL OEM blocks are done this way The New DART block and BMP's Alum block will be machined all the way through ..
2nd PHOTO is of the "Blead hole....it's ABOVE the Galley and bleeds the oil trough the MDS solenoid cavity when the ENGINE goes in to ECO mode ..it's how the oil is drained from the galley.
3rd Photo is different view of the Oil blead hole.

The company I use to work for from 1989-2020 did all the Endurance testing on the pre production G3s, the the 1st run of 6.1s , and 6.4 SRTs, we received the 8th, 11th 21st and 30th Hellcat 6.2engine produced for pre install assembly inspection. from 95-08 worked closely with DCX engineers doing independent Conformation DYNO work for any and ALL engine programs....Even a few Maclaren F1 and FIA programs.

Very few People have an understanding of what and How DCX (and yes the VVT system was designed by DCX...NOT FCA) intended the ECO(MDS) system to grow when they demanded the G3 designed team it incorporate it in to the initial 03 HEMI.
The VVT cam system was shelved in the beginning because the Programmers couldn't guaranty that the system wouldn't cause issues. in the low lift portion of the VVT operation, the 06-08 MDS system is on or off, no ramp up no low lift situations, that's why the VVT cams have different durations for NON-MDS lobes and MDS Lobes.....it's only a few degrees but it's just enough to take the "load" off the cam and lifters.

one of the pre test we did was a NON-MDS cam in a MDS system engine, it wiped the cam in 2 hours of testing .the VVT system and MDS.

Also if you look closely in 2nd Photo , to the left of the photo you can see the whole MDS cavity , at the bottom you can see the hole from the "Y" passage at the bottom of the cavity

MDS and Lifter gally A.jpgMDS and Lifter gally B.jpgMDS and Lifter gally C.jpg
Last edited by ric3xrt; 07/18/21 12:26 PM.

Truth has no agenda, but those with an agenda make their own truth.
Some of us are so open minded they only see their View