I wonder how many Hemi engines the magazine writer has disassembled and fixed? My guess is ZERO! I have done a hundred cams and lifters in them and no issues with the MDS lifters ever. I just finnished one a couple days ago in my 3/4 ton 5.7 (and many other 3/4 tons) or 6 speed cars that didn't even have MDS, I would like to hear how MDS ruined those... Never have I personally seen a bad MDS lifter and very few pictures on the google machine, most are the non MDS lifter and a lot of miss labeled pictures showing non MDS lifters claiming they are actually bad MDS lifters. I bet the magazine writer can't produce a picture of one either he personally took out of an engine. I have also never seen an MDS solenoid get stuck or go bad in any form. I will not say that there has never been a bad MDS lifter or solenoid butt there is definitely NOT a "common scenario" where they go bad, not even close. The scenario he describes is a lot more like what happens in the chevy AFM engine. They go bad because the needle bearings inside the roller wheel are too small, when they switched to the bigger needle bearing in the lifter the failures quit.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!