A few other things to add- Some folks are looking at 13-15 years down the road and saying "Well, cars and trucks can change a lot in that time frame." However, the pace of change in the automotive universe is slowing. There are far fewer differences between my 2009 Ram, that I just sold, and the 2020 that I'm driving, than there were between a 1960 New Yorker, and a 1971. When I sold cars in the 90's, the Gen III Caravan/Voyager arrived in 1995, when the genre was 12 years old. The current Pacifica is now 14 years old, and largely unchanged. It sells alongside a Caravan that dates to 2005 or so. Every automaker has rigs that are long in the tooth, but still sell enough to warrant production.
The switch to electrics isn't driven by the market. It's being driven by the government. So, I'll posit this: Is there a product- of any sort- out there that satisfies the customer's needs, but the design, engineering, and marketing is driven solely by an entity that has does not participate in the marketplace of that product, in any fashion?