Originally Posted by SV_MOPARS
This might be a little off topic but they have discovered a vast amount of lithium in the imperial valley ca at the southern end of the salton sea, they are claiming it holds about 75 years worth of the stuff, it will not need to be extracting from the earth using conventional mining techniques as in other countries, i believe it exists in the water or brine used in the power plants there, the upside to this is it will not need to be imported here from other countries for the lithium batteries, the problem will be getting thru all the red tape in california, time will tell. i have been holding on to property there that has been in my family for 60 plus years, im hoping the state does not screw this up and lets it happen.

1) how do they plan to dig it up then... wave a magic wand? shruggy

2) CA... where the local Gov would rather let the entire State burn the ground, before cutting down some trees and allowing proper forest management to take place. Or even allow old Gold mines to be reopened... Good luck getting that group of do gooders to allow millions of tons of lithium (or anything else) to be pulled from the ground... regardless of method.

One thing this EV push is doing, is turning China into the OPEC of the future....
They have no problems stripping the land bare for profit.
While pumping out more pollution than the rest of the world saves in the process.