I let somebody get away with something yesterday. This guy caught me off guard while I was having a conversation with another car guy at a local cruise in yesterday.
I had my very nice 69 Sport Satellite convertible there, its not all factory correct, this I admit but I built it with my own two hands and I get many compliments on it.
So this guy sort of interrupts my conversation to tell me one of my windshield washer hoses had fallen off, Ok thanks I said but then he asks me if the thin wire around the radiator filler neck was a factory option and this is were I screwed up
I just paid him no mind rather than take his head off....... The fan shroud is a obvious import reproduction part and the top became warped, it was very close to the fan and I worried if I touched it would it hit the fan and so until I can replace or figure out how to possible repair it, I took a small piece of copper wire and jury rigged it to hold it up.
This guy asked me this sarcastic question with a smirk and I just didnt pay him much attention at the time but now that wire is staying were it is and next weekend I will be at the same cruise in, parked at the very same spot
Everybody at these cruise in show are good guys, I talk with all of them, got friendly with a couple of guys who have C2 Corvettes, another guy has two perfect GTO's, one guy let me sit in his 2019 Corvette. Still another had a max wedge 426 Plymouth
Mopar GM Ford doesn't matter everyone is positive and just good car guys.......I have no idea if the guy I met was a spectator or had a car there but there is always one [censored] in the crowd. I guess it was my turn to meet that one