I remember a young man (21 to 26 yrs maybe) looking at my 1963 Belvedere 415 HP Max wedge two door sedan NHRA stocker street and strip car at the Winternationals in either 1980 or up to 1983, that car was a early production 1963 that had the right front brake line mounted on the top of the inner fenderwell instead of on the side like the non M.W. car had.
He ask me why it wasn't like stock and once I try t tell him it was stock he wouldn't believe me as he thought he knew everything about Max wedge cars and he had never seen or heard of the brake line routing differences between the Max wedge cars and the non max wedge B and RB cars in 1963.
I was the third owner of that car, I bought it from the second owner in 1971, he had bought it off a use car lot in 1965 before he blew the motor up by spinning a rod bearing and let it sit for two years in 1967 to late 1969 while he was in the Army.
He had Joe Reath Automotive fix it while he was in Viet Nam fighting and put the motor back in it after getting out and use it to drive to a junior collegde in Orange County, CA in 1970 were he lived until getting married and moving up to the high desert were I worked and lived in late 1970. He had lost the kickdown rod and ended up burning up the tranny and stop driving after putting around 500 miles on the simple street rebuild job shruggy
Way to many self made experts out there that want to impress people with their self proclaimed wealth of knowledge, especially on our cars, for me hammer haha

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 07/07/21 01:42 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)