Originally Posted by lilcuda
I was at a Slant 6 show many years ago with 66 Barracuda I owned back then. I had swapped in a 340 in place of the 273. I had recently put an LD 340 intake on it and I needed a throttle return spring bracket, so I quickly fabbed up a piece of flat stock bent in an L shape. At the show, a bunch of people were looking at the engine and one genius says, “That throttle return spring bracket isn’t factory.” I replied, “Yes, I know. This car is so far from stock, it doesn’t matter.” I was merely stating a fact, but in a somewhat annoyed tone. After the guy walked away, a friend of mine says, “That was great. You basically told him to f*** off without actually saying it.”

When I owned that car the Bay Area Mopar dealers teamed up with Sun to do a free inspection on any Mopar, so we took the Barracuda. The Jahns pistons required .0075 piston to wall clearance so they were a little noisy. They commented on the wrist pin noise...then to do the brake inspection the guy pulled the spindle nut and tried to get the "drum" off. When he couldn't I hollered at him that it had discs. He asked who put those on. I told him the factory did...The car really wasn't that old then, either (1982). It had been rode hard and put away wet more than once by that time, though...