Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by second 70
Originally Posted by NITROUSN
It's possible the intake manifold is over tightened. If I hadn't seen it myself I wouldn't believe it but sometimes if you just back off the bolts on front of manifold and snug them back up it can stop a leak. Water leakage is more common at that location from overtightening

No coolant in B,RB, or HEMI intakes.

Correct. The intake is a wedge friction fit and can be overtightened enough to put enough pressure on the head to cause a leak from the main coolant passage in front head gasket. There was a post here a few years ago with several hemi owners that had a small coolant leak at front of head and solved it just by backing off the front intake bolts.

Those heads must have been made of very poor quality to allow 1/4 bolts to warp them at 72 and 48 inch lbs. torque shruggy work
The intake mounting surface on those heads are pretty far away from the main head cores scope shruggy

Known fact that due to the angle of the intake manifold face that over torquing the intake bolts can cause “the wedge effect”. But the OP is talking oil, not water. Yep, seen intake leaks, so if this thing leaks from the “T” joint down to the bottom of the head then that’s possible.
On a brand new engine, all kinds of possibilities on what could be wrong or not. We can’t rule out deck finish, etc.

Last edited by Transman; 07/04/21 04:26 PM.