I agree that EVs are being oversold and maybe even being forced on people but they are a very good choice for certain applications such as commuting. Another great application for EV is short range return to base vehicles such as school buses, delivery vehicles such as mail, packages, etc. Anytime the vehicle runs a known route and then returns to a base location overnight is a great application for electric. I have a hard time seeing EVs being effective in a rural setting or any place where the temperature is below zero on a regular basis. I'm not sure why some people are overselling EVs. I understand that Tesla wants to hype it but there is no reason for CA to say that they are going to ban the sale of IC powered cars. They are going to have hard time figuring out how to get food and lumber harvested and to market if there aren't any IC engines. The politicians making promises like that are just stupid. Not sure why they are that stupid since it wouldn't take more than phone call to get the facts but whatever.

Last edited by AndyF; 06/19/21 07:07 PM.