Moparts

Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon

Posted By: SRT6776

Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/12/21 05:44 PM

"will be fastest dodge ever"

https://www.thedetroitbureau.com/20...ttery-models-coming-from-old-fca-brands/
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/12/21 07:05 PM

So I guess this includes the Charger. I'm going to have to learn to adjust to electric and I just don't think I can do it. I would like to see the next gen Charger design though.

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/12/21 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
So I guess this includes the Charger. I'm going to have to learn to adjust to electric and I just don't think I can do it. I would like to see the next gen Charger design though.

Check this out from Magna "E beam axle" and its a bolt-in

I'd suspect one of the 6 vehicles they're working on is a Ram with 2 of them, over 700hp and who knows how much torque

[Linked Image]
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/12/21 10:12 PM

A motor on each axle opens up all sorts of interesting possibilities for torque splitting. The SW engineers will be super busy for the next decade figuring it all out.
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/12/21 10:19 PM

Psyched to see it! The Rimac is just insane - it can run with super comp and super stock cars over and over, plus driving to and from the track with the AC on.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/12/21 11:27 PM

But the sound means so much to me. I don't think I can ever give up the sound of a V8 engine.

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/12/21 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by AndyF
A motor on each axle opens up all sorts of interesting possibilities for torque splitting. The SW engineers will be super busy for the next decade figuring it all out.

The truck will probably sense how much the trailer weighs and set the power levels accordingly or it'll just have settings you can choose in the screen. Diesels are pretty heavy, might not be much difference in the weight dept regarding payload, 2 of those axles and batteries up between the frame rails
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 12:52 AM

Sorry, but BOOOORING... tsk
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 12:55 AM

"“The days of the (conventional, gas-powered) Hellcat are numbered,” said Sam Abuelsamid, principal auto analyst, Guidehouse Insights"

C'mon Mo' Farts where is all the talk about hellcats and demons being "collectors' items"? Who's got a "crate" for sale, I must have one! lol.

Best read ever.

Hate to be one of you Idiots that bought a 2008 Challenger, hellcat or demon thinking the thing was going to be worth something some day. lol.

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Grizzly

Hate to be one of you Idiots that bought a 2008 Challenger, hellcat or demon thinking the thing was going to be worth something some day. lol.

The Demon will be I think

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 01:20 AM

The RedEye has pretty much put the nail in the coffin of the demon.

If not the RedEye, then some version of the 426 Supercharged will most certainly do it.

How blind are you Mo' Farts not to see this?
Posted By: nutso suave

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 01:25 AM

I feel like progress in these areas is usually resisted because people (myself included) have an emotional investment in what we grew up with, what is in our memories, and what was cool when we were young. These new electric performance cars are pretty amazing...and for the generation growing up on them they will be nostalgic. The Tesla S is a mean machine! I still like the smell of an old muscle car idling, the sound of the engine revving and loading up, and the simple operation and handling.

I'd love to have a Demon and if they end up cheap like Hemi cars during the gas crunch I'm buying one!!

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 01:32 AM

If not the RedEye, then some version of the 426 Supercharged will most certainly do it.

426 was axed a couple years ago, IIRC it was just a 392 with a 4" stroke and would have made just over 500hp NA. Blower version was never talked about, it was just a nostalgic 392 replacement - and that was before the French got involved. If I was a betting man I'd think the new charger and challenger are going to be fully electric and are 2 of the 6 EV's they're designing right now.

They want the title back that is currently held by the Tesla Model S Plaid that runs 9.20's and has over 1000hp
Posted By: geo.

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart

totally agree, if it has to be electric give the driver something to do.
I know its not required, but offer a manual transmission, and more analog features to extend the range.
I mean if everything on the car relies on juice, that's got to shorten the range,
I've seen people seem happy 'cause they can drive with one pedal on their electric sleds.
Maybe they'd be even happier with a chauffeur!

And gee grizzly, why not tell us how you really feel about Hellcat, Redeye, and Demon owners!
I mean isn't this a forum for folks that love Mopar?

Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by SRT6776

Check this out from Magna "E beam axle" and its a bolt-in

I'd suspect one of the 6 vehicles they're working on is a Ram with 2 of them, over 700hp and who knows how much torque

[Linked Image]

That is damn sexy.
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 02:03 AM

Electric schmetric.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 02:18 AM

The electric stuff is cool and fast, just not viceral, and I don't like working on it. That sh!t will kill you graveyard dead.

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by geo.

I know its not required, but offer a manual transmission, and more analog features to extend the range.

There is no transmission in them to start with.

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by DirectSubjection
Originally Posted by geo.

There is no transmission in them to start with.

You can put transmissions in them, I believe the Porsche Taycan is a 2 speed. Its also very early in the game, if they see people are bored and want sticks, they'll offer them. These motors can be quite loud too, I've heard electric dirt bikes that sound like muffled 2 strokes. They have that option too
Posted By: grancuda

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 04:13 AM

The truck will probably sense how much the trailer weighs and set the power levels accordingly or it'll just have settings you can choose in the screen. Diesels are pretty heavy, might not be much difference in the weight dept regarding payload, 2 of those axles and batteries up between the frame rails

It doesn’t seem that electric is the way to tow though. ...

https://youtu.be/S4W-P5aCWJs

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 04:17 AM

[quote=geo.][quote=Rhinodart]Sorry, but BOOOORING... tsk

You can put transmissions in them, I believe the Porsche Taycan is a 2 speed. Its also very early in the game, if they see people are bored and want sticks, they'll offer them. These motors can be quite loud too, I've heard electric dirt bikes that sound like muffled 2 strokes. They have that option too

Ok - i just found made a one-off electric Mustang with a 6 speed. The lack of desire for manuals in anything these days makes me doubt it will happen - low sales of manual C7 vettes led Chevy to not design one into the C8. But maybe aftermarket will - who knows? shruggy

A lot of the purpose of it in the Taycan deals with top speed, an issue with electrics
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 05:10 AM

I still like the smell of an old muscle car idling, the sound of the engine revving and loading up, and the simple operation and handling.

Then you'll want the Nostalgic Optional UpGrade: Speakers & a Fart Pipe system to emit whatever level of "Old Performance" you program into it.
Phoney exhaust pipes hooked into a tank of synthesized unburnt high octane gas vapors.

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by PhillyRag
I still like the smell of an old muscle car idling, the sound of the engine revving and loading up, and the simple operation and handling.

Then you'll want the Nostalgic Optional UpGrade: Speakers & a Fart Pipe system to emit whatever level of "Old Performance" you program into it.
Phoney exhaust pipes hooked into a tank of synthesized unburnt high octane gas vapors.

Listening to the BMWs of younger people today, apparently they want cars to sound like they run badly - pops, backfires etc. I just recently heard one that pops so loud it rivaled shotgun blasts with its elongated thud. Great idea in an urban environment.

Plainfield New Jersey has electronic signs up warning of enforcing loud exhaust ordinances because of this

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 05:58 AM

Reliability IS boring, if they didn't ruin diesels with emissions strangling crap these wouldn't be such a game changer. There wont be a 1500, 2500, 3500 anymore - it'll be one truck that can do all 3

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by PhillyRag

Listening to the BMWs of younger people today, apparently they want cars to sound like they run badly - pops, backfires etc. I just recently heard one that pops so loud it rivaled shotgun blasts with its elongated thud. Great idea in an urban environment.

Plainfield New Jersey has electronic signs up warning of enforcing loud exhaust ordinances because of this

Yes same here, those clowns ruined it for everyone - BTW that's called a "crackle pop tune", dumps raw fuel into the exhaust to cause those shot gun loud explosions. Annoying as he11, especially in some 14-15 sec Euro car

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 06:20 AM

[quote=DirectSubjection][quote=PhillyRag]

Yes same here, those clowns ruined it for everyone - BTW that's called a "crackle pop tune", dumps raw fuel into the exhaust to cause those shot gun loud explosions. Annoying as he11, especially in some 14-15 sec Euro car

Thanks - I'll call it a Rice Crispy every time I hear it no I am no phoby but I do understand dangerous and stupid. Those blasts can easily scare someone driving a two lane rod next to them - i did a double the first time i heard a serious one. Its really like someone shooting next to you as you drive. Having a motorcycle blow by you on the line can be freaky, this really can cause swerves/stops. Get off my lawn from an old guy i know - but come on.

The Rimac uses one singe gear motor at each wheel (I thought it was a dual speed to get their 250+ top speed but I can't find anything backing that up now). The real speed is in this setup - the computer can constantly upgrade the power to each individual wheel to keep it right at the threshold of slipping. I am 52 and love building cars, but I have to embrace the amazing abilities of this vehicle. Sound, no sound - being slammed into the seat on a mi 8 second run is ridiculous! This video has been posted before but its worth it - the Ferrari is a beast, but its a toy compared to the Rimac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4orCB71BgY

I know its $2mil car but this is designed by an independent Czech dude. Who knows what the future will bring?

Besides - these EVs are so fast, what track will let you buy one and run an 8 or 9 second 1/4 lol
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 10:13 AM

More gloom and doom from the biggest azzhole on Moparts... troll
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 12:53 PM

That's because of the amount of ricers you have on the streets!

Like or not electric vehicles are not going away. I seen something on TV where CA passed legislation that ALL vehicles sold in CA will be zero emissions by 2035. That means the rest of the country will not be far behind.
https://www.gov.ca.gov/2020/09/23/g...alifornias-fight-against-climate-change/
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 01:19 PM

"“The days of the (conventional, gas-powered) Hellcat are numbered,” said Sam Abuelsamid, principal auto analyst, Guidehouse Insights"

C'mon Mo' Farts where is all the talk about hellcats and demons being "collectors' items"? Who's got a "crate" for sale, I must have one! lol.

Best read ever.

I have a 2008 SRT8 stroked 426 Supercharged that was done in 2009. I still have less money in it than a new one... tonguue As far as an electric anything, I just don't care. I am into this whole car thing for the noise, smell, and overall nastiness. wave And I simply do not care what California has to say, will never even think about going there again in my lifetime, besides by 2035 I will be long pushing up daisies.... angel
Posted By: 4406bbl

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 01:57 PM

I don't like electric cars but will have to buy one if I live long enough. The big problem is they just are not as cool as a redeye challenger even if it is faster. It will just be a dead feeling car, but it is the future. I am certain a 1000 hp electric Dodge will finally shut up all the challenger/chargers will not corner Chevy losers. You have to admit being electric it will have a slight gay factor to it, that a redeye does not have. Women love the scatpack/hellcat/ redeye/ harley, they have sound and feeling. Just pushing the start button makes you smile every time, the way that engine jumps to life, they even got that right. I am sure they will fake the sound and feel, but it will not be the same.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by nutso suave
I feel like progress in these areas is usually resisted because people (myself included) have an emotional investment in what we grew up with, what is in our memories, and what was cool when we were young. These new electric performance cars are pretty amazing...and for the generation growing up on them they will be nostalgic. The Tesla S is a mean machine! I still like the smell of an old muscle car idling, the sound of the engine revving and loading up, and the simple operation and handling.

I'd love to have a Demon and if they end up cheap like Hemi cars during the gas crunch I'm buying one!!

With me that isn't the case. The utter simplicity of an electric vehicle is a plus for me. BUT, I still have concerns about:

1) Where is all the electricity coming from to support all these electric vehicles?
2) Where are all the rare earth metals necessary for battery manufacturing coming from?
3) What is going to be done with all of the worn out batteries when they are replaced?
4) How are roads, bridges, and highways going to be built and maintained when the gas tax goes away?
5) Will taxpayer money still be used to subsidize the EV industry?

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer but I think a lot of the consequences of an all electric fleet haven't been thought through. The current rush to EV technology is eerily reminiscent of the early rush to nuclear power. How'd that all turn out?

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by tboomer
More gloom and doom from the biggest azzhole on Moparts... troll

Useless faqqing "moderator". rolleyes That'll be effective at getting people to join the site. Great job, moderator, keep up the good work! up
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 03:49 PM

Thanks...[censored]...Some people have left because of your caustic attitude... tsk
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 04:08 PM

Thanks...[censored]...Some people have left because of your caustic attitude... tsk

And yet DocFiberglass remains..................... confused

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by 6PakBee

With me that isn't the case. The utter simplicity of an electric vehicle is a plus for me. BUT, I still have concerns about:

1) Where is all the electricity coming from to support all these electric vehicles?
2) Where are all the rare earth metals necessary for battery manufacturing coming from?
3) What is going to be done with all of the worn out batteries when they are replaced?
4) How are roads, bridges, and highways going to be built and maintained when the gas tax goes away?

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer but I think a lot of the consequences of an all electric fleet haven't been thought through. The current rush to EV technology is eerily reminiscent of the early rush to nuclear power. How'd that all turn out?

There will be a lot of big issues that have to be solved before electric vehicles become widespread. I've been driving an EV for several years now and they do a lot of stuff really well but they also have some limitations. I can easily see a 20 to 30% displacement of gas powered vehicles but I think it gets difficult past that point. At this point in time there are a bunch of people who would be better off with an EV but they just don't know it yet. Once those people figure it out and switch they'll be better off. After that wave of folks it gets a little tougher to justify.
Posted By: nutso suave

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 05:01 PM

These are all great questions.

1) The infrastructure, power production, and power grids will have to be updated and modified/expanded as the demand grows.
2} As more and more of these vehicles are produced mining new materials is not feasible. Technology and facilities for recycling, remanufacturing, and rebuilding the batteries/motors/ electronic components will have to be developed and built.
3) Same as above - they are toxic waste!
4) Here in Washington my friend with a Nissan Leaf EV is paying $600 for car registration, Over $300 of that is for road maintenance, in an attempt to make up for lost gas tax. I'm not sure about other states.
5) I sure hope not...but once the EVs become more and more common and the price of electricity rises (like diesel did when diesel trucks became more popular) I'm sure the government will figure out some way to tax it.

It makes sense to me for urban area commuters to use electric cars, they're quiet, clean, and it's easier to put emission controls and scrubbers on a few huge power plants than on every single car. It doesn't make sense for rural dwellers, trucks, farmers.

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 07:49 PM

Excellent thoughts. Again, I am not anti-EV. In fact I've thought about getting something like a Mitsubishi MiniCab and converting it to electric drive. It's only about ten blocks from my house to the shop and I think it'd be a great local commute and parts getter.

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 08:10 PM

That would be a fun project but it would suck up a ton of time and money to do the conversion. We bought a used Nissan Leaf for our daughter a few years ago for $7500. Super cheap and very reliable transportation. It doesn't have a lot of range but you just jump in it and squirt around town. Biggest issue is that sometimes someone forgets to plug it in and then you're stuck. They charge up fine on a 110 wall plug but it takes time. If you have 220V in the garage then you can charge them a lot faster.
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/13/21 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Satilite73

You rang ... Satty7 ? pity devil

FEAR NOT .... I will always be here for u ! xmaseek
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/14/21 01:58 AM

EV = Appliance. People won’t even have to know how to drive to use one in the near future. Just tell it where to go & you’re on the way.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/14/21 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by 1972CudaV21
EV = Appliance. People won’t even have to know how to drive to use one in the near future. Just tell it where to go & you’re on the way.

That's the future.

You won't be driving a car, you'll be riding in an appliance that will deliver you to your destination.
You won't be speeding because your speed will be controlled by the people who are in charge of the system.

As fat as electric cars, I have no interest in them.
With living rural I'll keep on driving something with an internal combustion engine.
Anyone I know that has tried the electric car thing hasn't been happy with it.
No real mileage range on them contrary to what they tell you when selling them.

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/14/21 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ

That's the future.

You won't be driving a car, you'll be riding in an appliance that will deliver you to your destination.
You won't be speeding because your speed will be controlled by the people who are in charge of the system.

Go give Demolition Man another watch if you haven't seen it. For a cheese 90's action movie that flic might as well have been written by Nostradamus.
Posted By: Hugh Jorgan

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/14/21 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by MarkZ

That's the future.

Go give Demolition Man another watch if you haven't seen it. For a cheese 90's action movie that flic might as well have been written by Nostradamus.

iagree Except the Taco Bell parts. puke

laugh2
Posted By: moparx

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/14/21 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
Originally Posted by Satilite73

You rang ... Satty7 ? pity devil

FEAR NOT .... I will always be here for u ! xmaseek

and i was just about to say how QuiEt the Ol DoC has been LaTelY....................... laugh2
beer
Posted By: Bob Stinson

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/14/21 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgan

That's the future.

iagree Except the Taco Bell parts. puke

laugh2

Let's hope the 3 shells deal is excluded too.
Posted By: a12rag

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/14/21 08:15 PM

One of the BIGGEST issues is still range . . . no matter what they say about the range of thier vehicle. That is a number that would be fine in wonderful nice weather year round . . .HOWEVER, battery packs have a "cooling/heating" system in them, in order to be able to charge at the optimal rate . . . get out into the northern climates, in middle of winter at MINUS 30F or C, and see the range go WAY down because the battery controller is trying to keep the battery warm !!! . . . All the other issues brought up are very valid also ! . . . 300 mile range sounds great, until you get into the "real" world . . .

Why not make EV's look "normal" . . .??? With Ford making the F150 all electric, they are giving main street exactly what they want, their "regular' vehicle, but as electric. No "outter space", Jetson's looking thing . . . You gotta remember, electric motors make full torque from ZERO RPM !!! . . . so if you want performance, you got it !! . . . just how much it sucks the battery down is another matter !! . . . maybe get a new electric vehicle, and "tow" a generator so you won't have any "range anxiety ??? . . .LOL . . . . .
Posted By: Neil

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/14/21 08:30 PM

How do we get the cool engine sounds we all love? Playing cards in the spokes?
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/14/21 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by a12rag
One of the BIGGEST issues is still range . . . no matter what they say about the range of thier vehicle. That is a number that would be fine in wonderful nice weather year round . . .HOWEVER, battery packs have a "cooling/heating" system in them, in order to be able to charge at the optimal rate . . . get out into the northern climates, in middle of winter at MINUS 30F or C, and see the range go WAY down because the battery controller is trying to keep the battery warm !!! . . . All the other issues brought up are very valid also ! . . . 300 mile range sounds great, until you get into the "real" world . . .

Why not make EV's look "normal" . . .??? With Ford making the F150 all electric, they are giving main street exactly what they want, their "regular' vehicle, but as electric. No "outter space", Jetson's looking thing . . . You gotta remember, electric motors make full torque from ZERO RPM !!! . . . so if you want performance, you got it !! . . . just how much it sucks the battery down is another matter !! . . . maybe get a new electric vehicle, and "tow" a generator so you won't have any "range anxiety ??? . . .LOL . . . . .

Full TQ at zero RPM is not quite true, close but not exactly. Also it is a marketing gimmick, ICE engines use TQ converters and clutches to give max TQ to the wheels WOT from a dead stop if so desired, electric proponents act as if it's not possible with piston driven engines. Technically they are pretty much right but in the real world it is totally a non issue.
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/15/21 12:45 AM

.....Reminds me of....

Attached picture 6F697412-011D-4B4D-A0BE-D61C32907C1F.jpeg

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/15/21 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by HotRodDave

Full TQ at zero RPM is not quite true, close but not exactly. Also it is a marketing gimmick, ICE engines use TQ converters and clutches to give max TQ to the wheels WOT from a dead stop if so desired, electric proponents act as if it's not possible with piston driven engines. Technically they are pretty much right but in the real world it is totally a non issue.

But just about every car driving a commute has to get to a RPM level before giving a kick - Vs do that for every driver even in stop and go traffic.

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/15/21 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Not yr uncle Bob

Let's hope the 3 shells deal is excluded too.

Wait.....you don't know how to use the three sea shells??
Posted By: Molloy

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/18/21 04:07 AM

LOL...K...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voL7h5UuEag

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQM4xXsDLzo/

https://youtu.be/I-LI_jeytBI

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/18/21 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Molloy

Yup, performance is a non issue in the future, can go 7's or have a granny mobile, just depends what you set it to. I was against EV's but they just flat out make sense, foremost for diesel replacements, all that torque and no DEF BS or maintenance. They also make wicked weekend drag cars - 7's will be the fast EV in a year or two, Dodge will be in the fight . Back in 07 when Chrysler layed off hundreds of engineers, they all went to Tesla - the good engineers stayed and they are now building a model S killer. Stay tuned, all I gotta say
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/18/21 09:47 AM

EV batteries are expensive. That's a fact. Even though they are primarily a product of unacceptably horrendous working conditions, mined in countries with zero environmental organizations and workers rights. Workers in life threatening low paid positions, dangerous byproducts pumped/poured into the lakes soil and air. How much would these batteries cost if the current miners got a decent wage? Currently the batteries are made with complete and total disregard to the human workers and environment. What if the miners had rights and protections? What if the mining companies had to not pollute and destroy where they mine? How much would the batteries cost if the workers had the same protections as we do and if the mining companies had to abide by the same rules US mining companies do. People conveniently ignore the NASTY process of mining materials and the making of these large batteries and instead focus on the alleged cleanliness of the EV. The green crowd is also the global human rights crowd but seem to give a pass to the destructive production process of lithium batteries.

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/18/21 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by 2boltmain
EV batteries are expensive. That's a fact. Even though they are primarily a product of unacceptably horrendous working conditions, mined in countries with zero environmental organizations and workers rights. Workers in life threatening low paid positions, dangerous byproducts pumped/poured into the lakes soil and air. How much would these batteries cost if the current miners got a decent wage? Currently the batteries are made with complete and total disregard to the human workers and environment. What if the miners had rights and protections? What if the mining companies had to not pollute and destroy where they mine? How much would the batteries cost if the workers had the same protections as we do and if the mining companies had to abide by the same rules US mining companies do. People conveniently ignore the NASTY process of mining materials and the making of these large batteries and instead focus on the alleged cleanliness of the EV. The green crowd is also the global human rights crowd but seem to give a pass to the destructive production process of lithium batteries.

When ideology is driving decisions, reality doesn't matter. It's nothing more than the old "the ends justify the means" approach.

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/19/21 02:46 AM

That's the future.

When I watch Demolition Man it's for one reason only and that's Sandy Bullock. I think she is a class act. Another of her movies, The Proposal, is a must see. up
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/19/21 08:06 AM

Electric inspires no interest in me. I like to go fast but without the sound, vibrations and smells, fast means very little to me.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/19/21 07:55 PM

Until they can win a race like 24 Hours of LeMans while competing against the normal internal combustion engine race cars I'll never be impressed with electric vehicles.

It's a technology that's being shoved down the public throats whether they want it or not.

It's not "green" as they promote it being.
The mining of the rare metals for the batteries is an environmental disaster.
The toxic batteries will have to be disposed of and far sooner than they will ever admit to.
Batteries have a lifespan and can only be charged just so many time before they're useless and that lifespan is always shorter than they say it is.

That doesn't sound "green" to me.

Unless you live in a very temperate (warm) climate the range on them is very short when compared to an internal combustion engine whether it's gas or diesel.
Modern gas powered economy cars are fuel efficient and there's hardly any pollution coming out the tailpipe.

It goes back to shoving a product down the public's throat because some people in power have invested in the technology and want to profit from it.

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/19/21 11:06 PM

I agree that EVs are being oversold and maybe even being forced on people but they are a very good choice for certain applications such as commuting. Another great application for EV is short range return to base vehicles such as school buses, delivery vehicles such as mail, packages, etc. Anytime the vehicle runs a known route and then returns to a base location overnight is a great application for electric. I have a hard time seeing EVs being effective in a rural setting or any place where the temperature is below zero on a regular basis. I'm not sure why some people are overselling EVs. I understand that Tesla wants to hype it but there is no reason for CA to say that they are going to ban the sale of IC powered cars. They are going to have hard time figuring out how to get food and lumber harvested and to market if there aren't any IC engines. The politicians making promises like that are just stupid. Not sure why they are that stupid since it wouldn't take more than phone call to get the facts but whatever.

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/19/21 11:11 PM

That's the future.

When I watch Demolition Man it's for one reason only and that's Sandy Bullock. I think she is a class act. Another of her movies, The Proposal, is a must see. up

She looks like a class act but she married Jesse James so that has to make you wonder how fast the wheels in her head turn.

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/20/21 01:16 AM

She looks like a class act but she married Jesse James so that has to make you wonder how fast the wheels in her head turn.

i think that was a publicity stunt. He was to dirty, she was too clean, so they teamed up for the purpose. He couldn't uphold his end of the deal. she didn't seem too broken up about it. Personally i suspect she prefers the company of women but it would kill her career as America's sweetheart if she admitted it.

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/20/21 01:21 AM

i think that was a publicity stunt. He was to dirty, she was too clean, so they teamed up for the purpose. He couldn't uphold his end of the deal. she didn't seem too broken up about it. Personally i suspect she prefers the company of women but it would kill her career as America's sweetheart if she admitted it.

JJ is a man, feminine women can't say no to that (arguably EVEN IF she prefers women). I remember watching something where she only met the guy because her nephew or something wanted to see / visit west coast choppers, so she took him and thats how they met.
Posted By: Frank Cannon

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/21/21 06:18 AM

But the sound means so much to me. I don't think I can ever give up the sound of a V8 engine.

Yessir.

Attached picture 1987-Buick-Grand-National-X-Twins-1.jpg

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/21/21 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Frank Cannon

Yessir.

I don't know if you are agreeing or disagreeing with them laugh2
Posted By: VS29H0B

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/21/21 02:13 PM

Most audio is now fully digitized ---- the Tesla and Mustang Mach E use a add-on sound device connected to the car's acceleration to project sound into the passenger compartment. I like the sound of muscle cars too - but the digitization of sound is here and will be incorporated into future vehicles to bridge the gap from ICE to BEV. I am not sold at all on BEV -- the discussion of all the details - from cradle to grave - needs to be exposed and laid out on the table before moving away from ICE to BEV.

Toyota appears to be the best long term planner - they are not fully committed to a BEV only future - let the marketplace decide ...

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/06/toyota-keeping-its-options-open-wont-commit-to-an-ev-only-future/
Posted By: Molloy

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/24/21 04:49 PM

Here is a boring Plaid (made in USA) destroying a Nissan GTR (Made in Japan)
Owner was "taking it easy"
https://youtu.be/_0WYgG4iAzk?t=25

To me, Tesla is the new Mopar. Made in USA, off the charts engineering, innovative, affordable. Destroyer of Worlds.

Porsche "hey Tesla our Taycan has a 2-speed transmission, and look how quick it is on the top end. Now we can beat your 10 year old platform"
Tesla "hey, our new Plaid rotors are carbon fiber wrapped at super high pre-load can spin north of 20000 RPM, has closer tolerances, and better EM properties (Lorentz force). 9.25 @152....lol

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/24/21 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Molloy
Here is a boring Plaid (made in USA) destroying a Nissan GTR (Made in Japan)
Owner was "taking it easy"
https://youtu.be/_0WYgG4iAzk?t=25

To me, Tesla is the new Mopar. Made in USA, off the charts engineering, innovative, affordable. Destroyer of Worlds.

Porsche "hey Tesla our Taycan has a 2-speed transmission, and look how quick it is on the top end. Now we can beat your 10 year old platform"
Tesla "hey, our new Plaid rotors are carbon fiber wrapped at super high pre-load can spin north of 20000 RPM, has closer tolerances, and better EM properties (Lorentz force). 9.25 @152....lol

And that's just a tri motor, quad motors are coming. This is why the SRT team was disbanded and integrated into the engineering team, so they can be there at the start to develop the SRT vehicles, you can't just add motors after the car is done, it has to be planned from the start and that's why SRT changed how they work.

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon - 06/24/21 11:53 PM

And that's just a tri motor, quad motors are coming. This is why the SRT team was disbanded and integrated into the engineering team, so they can be there at the start to develop the SRT vehicles, you can't just add motors after the car is done, it has to be planned from the start and that's why SRT changed how they work.

The Rimac uses 4 - absolute individual control every every single wheel.
© 2024 Moparts Forums