Originally Posted by SRT6776
[quote=DirectSubjection][quote=PhillyRag]
I still like the smell of an old muscle car idling, the sound of the engine revving and loading up, and the simple operation and handling.

Yes same here, those clowns ruined it for everyone - BTW that's called a "crackle pop tune", dumps raw fuel into the exhaust to cause those shot gun loud explosions. Annoying as he11, especially in some 14-15 sec Euro car

Thanks - I'll call it a Rice Crispy every time I hear it no I am no phoby but I do understand dangerous and stupid. Those blasts can easily scare someone driving a two lane rod next to them - i did a double the first time i heard a serious one. Its really like someone shooting next to you as you drive. Having a motorcycle blow by you on the line can be freaky, this really can cause swerves/stops. Get off my lawn from an old guy i know - but come on.

The Rimac uses one singe gear motor at each wheel (I thought it was a dual speed to get their 250+ top speed but I can't find anything backing that up now). The real speed is in this setup - the computer can constantly upgrade the power to each individual wheel to keep it right at the threshold of slipping. I am 52 and love building cars, but I have to embrace the amazing abilities of this vehicle. Sound, no sound - being slammed into the seat on a mi 8 second run is ridiculous! This video has been posted before but its worth it - the Ferrari is a beast, but its a toy compared to the Rimac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4orCB71BgY

I know its $2mil car but this is designed by an independent Czech dude. Who knows what the future will bring?

Besides - these EVs are so fast, what track will let you buy one and run an 8 or 9 second 1/4 lol

Ride eternal, shiny and chrome