my current insurance carrier on my charger is American Collectors.
i recently received a notice American Collectors have partnered with American Family Home Insurance Company, and with the usual mumbojumbo legalese contained in the normal policy renewal statements, i just get an uneasy feeling about the whole deal.
as of now, my car is insured for 31k. it's not restored, but kind of a day 2+, and i'm in the process of a few more modifications, such as cooling system mods, frame connectors, and a different engine/transmission combination.
this car is an original 383 car, and i bought it crashed hard in the rear way back in 1970 when i worked at a body shop that specialized in rebuilding totals.
i will never restore this thing, and realistically, the only thing it has going for it is the original mileage is only 18,980 something. however, those miles were VERY hard miles to say the least.
so the question comes down to this : Haggerty, Grundy, or ????, and NOT State Farm.
if and when i get this thing back on the road, i'm hoping to do some airport drag events if possible, and i know stuff like that isn't covered, but i need a carrier that won't bounce me if any of my mods meet the safety requirements of such events.
TIA to all of you out there smarter than me ! bow
beer