Originally Posted by gbeaty
Originally Posted by Taylor
http://www.rylispro.com/ the guy who runs this site is also a good person to talk to , he's running a Big Alum G3 on road courses and he would know better what to do about oiling, ...

Ah thanks that's good to know. I think I know what to do about oiling though: kickout oil pan and better (vertical) air-oil separators over each head vent. The stock 6.1 (horizontal) AoS in the intake manifold turned my catch can into an oil grenade once I exceeded about 1.1 g.

The lift is small for a Big Ci G3 engine, duration is fine for a road course car. I've watched my Uncle Ric dyno just over 100 different G3 combos in the last 2 years everything between 302ci to 476ci(bge with darton LSX sleeves) ...he'll tell you two things about the G3... one it loves intake valve size , .54-.56% of the bore and they come alive and they love lift.........ironically MA Mopar screwed the G3 with it's limited lift capabilities....650ish being max with out spending major money on lifters and valve gear.....and to add insult to injury , longer valves tilt the valve tip away from the rocker tips..lash caps will only go so far , then you have to move the shafts out towards the cover rails or go with a individual rocker arm set up.

Maybe I'm too used to LS stuff but 0.650" sounds plenty to me; that's about what LS7 rockers max out at too. I need to take it easy on the valvetrain anyway, so things stay together on the road course. I'm surprised these motors like so much valve lift given how well the heads flow at lower lifts.

My Cam is 250/250 @50 .645/.660 110 lobe separation, 107 installed CL. I'm running modified isky High seat solid lifters , use to have the PQX roller tip rockers but switched over to the Harland sharp about a month back. Heads are a set of Highly modified Eagles with 2.165 x 6mm intake valve and 1.63 X 7mm.Intake is a Edelbrock Victor with the runners cut down.

What are you doing for engine management to make that big cam drivable?

What Valve size are you running on the Intake side ?

It's the biggest valve Thitek offers, I think 2.20".

Since I'm running a smaller CI G3 I'm able to use the stock ECU/PCM, it doesn't like 7500+ RPMs that's where we have issues with with this truck, My Brother had to switch to a Haltech in his 09 Ram , the OEM stuff couldn't handle 460ci G3 spinning above 8k let alone

04 Ram 4x2 11.66@ 122 4750LBS ...phat pig Moves for fully loaded truck with NA 345ci Hemi
2020 1320 Challenger....stock daily driver.