Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda

The one on right has dimples in the nubs, the one on left does not look like it does. One may have part number other should not. I have also seen wheels that are not 15x6 JJ with H stamps, and other with different H stamp, and others with multi letter stamps. My only point is the 69 wheels were a little unique it seems from the later Heavy Duty option wheels.

Correct - that's the difference. Most people are unaware of that, & the dimples are a very subtle feature. Also, a lot of the H wheels had VERY weak H stampings to where you could hardly see them. Also, none of the H-wheels (the big H wheels anyway) have the part# stamped in them that I've ever seen. [/quote]

Couple things on "H" wheels. The very early July 68 dated wheels did not have the dimples in the three nubs. Not sure exactly when they started. Also the 1970 and 1971 wheels did have part numbers stamped right at the valve stem hole on the inside of the rim. All those wheels were "870" stamped on the outside of the wheel along with the 15x6 JJ and date. One more thing, the "H" stamp was always in the 9 O'clock position with the valve stem in the 12 O'clock position.

Last edited by 6T9Hemi; 05/27/21 03:45 PM.

1969 340 4 Speed Swinger R4,
black vinyl, white butt stripe, 3:91