Originally Posted by BDW
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by moparx
i am no expert on H wheels, however, where is the center hole measuring 2.750 ?
in all my years of playing with mopars, the hub register has always been 2.800-2.810, with the wheel center id being 2.812 - 2.820.
was that printing a misprint or ???? if indeed the center is 2.750, i don't believe that wheel will fit.
being in the junkyard business in the early 70's, it became quickly obvious that ford wheels had a smaller center register than mopar wheels, even though the bolt pattern was the same.
if i'm not mistaken, the ford register was 2.740 - 2.750 on the hub, and the wheels were 2.755 - 2.765. [or close to those dimensions]
beer

I know for a fact that earlier ford's ( 60's) had a smaller hub register as i bought a set of Chrome wheels on close out back in 1972 or so at J C Penneys. The hub hole was too small for my 64 Polara. So i had a local machine shop hog them out. Shortly thereafter I found that the lip they had to remove was critical to the strength of the wheel center as they began splitting between the lug holes and center frown beer

Still true, my 06 Mustang rims will not fit my Challenger.
A few minutes with a grinder fixed that.

It always amazes me ( P's me off) when some fricken' engineer somewhere creates a new spec on something this simple that wreaks havoc down the road. This just one example of many I've encountered over my life. Another example. 65-68 vs 69 and later Chevrolet sport steering wheels. The 6 hole mounting pattern is .050" smaller. .050" spank spank runaway WHY??? no apparent reason can think of.
I worked with a guy that had previously worked at FMC in there military division. he liked to spec thread sizes the were non standard to the rest of the world like a 3x48 SHCS drove me fricken nuts and I fought him every step of the way wink