Originally Posted by Grizzly
Soooooooooo, are you saying Mr. '70 'Cuda Black Series, is that your next project will have a light weight goal? whistling

1000 pounds is equal to 100 hp. wink

Actually, the reason I started looking into this is that I'm not satisfied with the ride quality I'm experiencing with the black '70 'Cuda. The rear suspension is still too harsh on the bigger bumps in the road.

I'm currently running two right side 3300 bs Super Stock springs with AFCO double adjustable shocks. I have these exact same springs on my '68 A-Body with Koni's, and they ride like a dream.

I just ordered a set of +2 ESPO HD springs, which are longer than what I have in there now. I tried the mono leaf Caltracs setup, but they were even harsher than the SS springs I'm running. If these don't do the trick, I'm going to order a custom set from Landrum springs. After that, I'll just live with it if I can't smooth out the ride.

All these suspension setups work well on smooth roads that move the suspension less than an inch or so, but any bumps that are larger than that really transmit into the car harshly. Its pretty brutal on most roads that aren't virtually smooth.

As for the lightweight, high horsepower ride, I have that covered with a 200hp, 535pound '06 Hayabusa that is bored, stroked and ported. I refer to that one as the real Rapid Transit System..

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)