I told the guy my vehicle is a crew cab, and he gave me a price for with one motor, and quoted an additional $300 for two.
I haven’t found any reference yet to dual motors in my online searches.
I believe these have a 5 year warranty. The store I went to is owned by a friend of a friend, and his brother is another friend of mine. The whole family are hard core Mopar guys.
So if I have problems later I think he’d stand behind them, at least not blow me off.
I have some issues with my legs and feet from a bad accident years ago, which is another consideration. I believe the retractable steps are lower than fixed running boards. And being retracted most of the time, if it snows or is icy, they should be sheltered and dry when I approach to enter the truck and they extend when I open the door.
Putting my foot on an icy step and having it slip as I shift weight on it could make for a really bad day!
I intend to keep this truck a number of years, likely at least 10, and I realize my lower extremities aren’t going to improve as I get into my 60s. I do think these steps will make egress and exiting the truck better for me, and less danger of slipping.
One interesting point I found in an online post on boards, is that many truck owners like fixed running boards as they protect from getting dings from careless clods parked next to you in parking lots.
However, it was mentioned there is an over ride switch available for the retractable ones, if you want to leave them extended when you park.