Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda

But you don't have a mortgage sized car payment like he does either.

The new stuff has zero appeal to me...and I've tried. I messed w/ GM LS powered stuff 10-15 years ago. They're fun and all, but the EFI stuff irks me. Having to get it retuned for every little change...maybe I should have invested in EFI Live and done it myself, but I'm old school enough to know I like keeping things simple. Carbs are simple.
It bugs me seeing people at the track w/ these new cars and they know nothing about them or what makes them tick. (not all, but the majority) It's a different crowd for sure. Ask them what's done to it and they say it's Stage 3. What the he11 does that mean? LOL. What's worse is seeing them at car shows...looks like a dealership lot.

I still think, in the years to come, that the complex electrical systems and multiple computers in the newer cars will start failing and be a nightmare to repair.

Chip I agree to a point but there have always been guys that have opened their checkbook to have someone else make their cars fast. Today though you can have someone across the country e-mail you a tune and never lay hands on the car, where years ago they had to take their cars to a shop.

There is a local guy with a new or near new Mustang that bought a tune from someone in Florida, he claims it's 700hp. A friend we have in common stopped by last week and said the Mustang guy was wanting to hit my Dart a lick. I'm willing when he's ready, at the strip of course.