Moparts

Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170

Posted By: SRT6776

Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 02/05/21 02:03 PM

Posted By: Bakaruda

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 02/05/21 02:15 PM

Sweet, I bet it doesn't pass emissions without help here in Texas.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 02/05/21 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bakaruda
Does Texas have manatory emissons tests?

Anybody know more about how this car is setup?
Posted By: sr4440

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 02/05/21 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by 340Cuda
Does Texas have manatory emissons tests?

No, Some counties do, they are the built up urban areas.

Joe
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 02/05/21 03:25 PM

It’s pretty amazing how drama free that looks.
Very Impressive!!
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 02/05/21 05:54 PM

Did anyone notice the little purge plume that came up over the windshield at about 7 seconds in to the video?
Posted By: tman

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 02/05/21 07:27 PM

Laughing gas.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 02/05/21 07:36 PM

No fire suit, no gloves, and that's not a 7.50 cert cage!
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 02/05/21 08:20 PM

Those cars are heavy, maybe 3800 lbs depending on how much he stripped out of it. So that means he is squeezing around 1400 hp out of that engine? Supercharged plus nitrous can make the power but I wonder how long the parts last. Be interesting to see what he has to do to keep it together.
Posted By: cudatom

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 02/06/21 04:49 AM

Don't care. Thats one reason I do most of my racing at outlaw tracks. They don't buy into the BS of replacing belts, window nets every two years. As to the cert of the cage another BS item. I've seen many cages with cert stickers that are no where close to what the rules state. Its just another who knows who game.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 02/06/21 02:38 PM

Hauling ass

He beats on it, more than alot here can say .
Posted By: racerx

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 02/06/21 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by cudatom
Don't care. Thats one reason I do most of my racing at outlaw tracks. They don't buy into the BS of replacing belts, window nets every two years. As to the cert of the cage another BS item. I've seen many cages with cert stickers that are no where close to what the rules state. Its just another who knows who game.

iagree....You need to hear the BS i go though with my buddies......Lol argue
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 02/06/21 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
It’s pretty amazing how drama free that looks.
Very Impressive!!

iagree
Posted By: dvw

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 02/07/21 03:44 AM

I wish my junk was that quick and fast. Pretty impressive spray or no. I think we are just jealous.
Doug
Posted By: RapidusMaximus

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 02/07/21 02:49 PM

Don't know the guy personally but I've seen some of his work on you tube...he is supposedly one of the best Mopar tuners in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 02/09/21 01:29 PM

Well if that car is his business card it says a lot!

I rather enjoyed watching the “modern muscle” class at MaTS. What used to be a rolling car show class has really turned into some eyebrow raising performance. Of course we all hate them as they bang a nine, throw the cooler and lawn chairs in the trunk and drive home in their air conditioned comfort laugh2
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 02/09/21 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dragula

LOL, if you are upset about his lack of safety gear...your head would explode if you came down here to watch some T&T/Grudge night racing and saw what was running. laugh2

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 02/09/21 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
Originally Posted by Dragula

LOL, if you are upset about his lack of safety gear...your head would explode if you came down here to watch some T&T/Grudge night racing and saw what was running. laugh2

iagree realcrazy
Posted By: 70satelliteguy

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 02/09/21 05:36 PM

"Of course we all hate them as they bang a nine, throw the cooler and lawn chairs in the trunk and drive home in their air conditioned comfort "

Not so much hate as "How in the world are they doing this!!!!"
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 02/10/21 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by 70satelliteguy
"Of course we all hate them as they bang a nine, throw the cooler and lawn chairs in the trunk and drive home in their air conditioned comfort "

Not so much hate as "How in the world are they doing this!!!!"

I saw a guy I haven't seen in 10 or 15 years at the track at the end of last year. He was driving a Hellcat Redeye Challenger. First thing he said was "I bet you never thought you would see me driving a mopar huh? He then followed that up by saying Chevrolet doesn't make anything that runs 10.50s with just a tire change lol. Bone stock other than rear tires, 10.50, and he was one of three of them that day.

So when you start with a 10.50 the 9s aren't so far away lol
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/26/21 03:56 PM

He went 7.9 this past weekend.

Dennis
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/26/21 04:23 PM

Day.... ummmm .. I gots some MAJOR TWEAKIN to do on my Scatty eek smoke
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/26/21 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by cudaboy

Dennis

Was this the guy that had his hood and front fenders off the car making a pass I saw on Facebook.

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/26/21 04:35 PM

Gotta larryLOVEit that apimp driving SKILLS !!

NOTE the JUST RIGHT burn out ... smoke

No LOOK AT ME funny car tire smoke

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/26/21 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
Originally Posted by cudaboy

Dennis

Was this the guy that had his hood and front fenders off the car making a pass I saw on Facebook.

I think that was a black hellcat? Doesn't count unless the whole car makes the trip, lol.
Posted By: moparacer

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/26/21 05:18 PM

Awesome! But I will keep my beat to hell and back, patched up 68 Dart......

The new stuff I just cant get into. Must be about time to retire.

blah
Posted By: carnut68

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/26/21 08:52 PM

I would sell all my old stuff for a Hellcat or Scat Pac. Anybody want a 68 Cuda Fastback or a 87 Monte Hauler SS ? laugh
Posted By: 416challenger

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/26/21 08:53 PM

Timeslip from facebook.

Attached picture FB_IMG_1619470175008.jpg
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/26/21 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by carnut68
I would sell all my old stuff for a Hellcat or Scat Pac. Anybody want a 68 Cuda Fastback or a 87 Monte Hauler SS ? laugh

Me too. I love my SRT Magnum but I’m liquidating everything and getting a Hellcat in the next couple of years.

Dennis
Posted By: A727Tflite

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/27/21 12:06 AM

What’s even more impressive is no wheelstanding.

Barely pulls the left front on the last pass.
Posted By: moparacer

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/27/21 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Transman

Always the quickest way if you don't spin..... up
Posted By: CSK

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/27/21 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bakaruda

Hello Bakaruda smile

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/27/21 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Transman

I'm sure there are some exceptions, but almost all of them leave really soft. This one is fast, but I'm referring to the slower 9 and 10 sec cars...they 60' like 11 or 12 sec cars and then scream on the back half.

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/27/21 01:34 PM

Early last year I had a guy wanting my car but covid kicked in. Being self employed he decided it would be wise to sit on his money and not buy it, a good decision IMO. If it had sold I would've been looking for a low mile older Hellcat Challenger.

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/27/21 01:50 PM

The new stuff is cool and it has its perks for sure. If something happened to my setup I would probably go modern, or at least something with a modern powerplant. I do get a little flustered when my car runs 10.50s with years of work and high performance parts on it, then a buddy's BONE STOCK redeye challenger goes 10.50s with zero mods other than slicks lol.

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/27/21 02:03 PM

I’ve been out of the drivers seat for more than a little while BUTTT....

Those passes are a 1.19 short-time ?!!

It sure appeared to be way diff than that !

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/27/21 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish
The new stuff is cool and it has its perks for sure. If something happened to my setup I would probably go modern, or at least something with a modern powerplant. I do get a little flustered when my car runs 10.50s with years of work and high performance parts on it, then a buddy's BONE STOCK redeye challenger goes 10.50s with zero mods other than slicks lol.

But you don't have a mortgage sized car payment like he does either.

The new stuff has zero appeal to me...and I've tried. I messed w/ GM LS powered stuff 10-15 years ago. They're fun and all, but the EFI stuff irks me. Having to get it retuned for every little change...maybe I should have invested in EFI Live and done it myself, but I'm old school enough to know I like keeping things simple. Carbs are simple.
It bugs me seeing people at the track w/ these new cars and they know nothing about them or what makes them tick. (not all, but the majority) It's a different crowd for sure. Ask them what's done to it and they say it's Stage 3. What the he11 does that mean? LOL. What's worse is seeing them at car shows...looks like a dealership lot.

I still think, in the years to come, that the complex electrical systems and multiple computers in the newer cars will start failing and be a nightmare to repair.

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/27/21 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda

But you don't have a mortgage sized car payment like he does either.

The new stuff has zero appeal to me...and I've tried. I messed w/ GM LS powered stuff 10-15 years ago. They're fun and all, but the EFI stuff irks me. Having to get it retuned for every little change...maybe I should have invested in EFI Live and done it myself, but I'm old school enough to know I like keeping things simple. Carbs are simple.
It bugs me seeing people at the track w/ these new cars and they know nothing about them or what makes them tick. (not all, but the majority) It's a different crowd for sure. Ask them what's done to it and they say it's Stage 3. What the he11 does that mean? LOL. What's worse is seeing them at car shows...looks like a dealership lot.

I still think, in the years to come, that the complex electrical systems and multiple computers in the newer cars will start failing and be a nightmare to repair.

Chip I agree to a point but there have always been guys that have opened their checkbook to have someone else make their cars fast. Today though you can have someone across the country e-mail you a tune and never lay hands on the car, where years ago they had to take their cars to a shop.

There is a local guy with a new or near new Mustang that bought a tune from someone in Florida, he claims it's 700hp. A friend we have in common stopped by last week and said the Mustang guy was wanting to hit my Dart a lick. I'm willing when he's ready, at the strip of course.

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/27/21 03:16 PM

I agree with you on most of that, especially the car show part lol.

I do love me some fuel injection though. But I have full control over overything, I am sure using OEM stuff would be aggravating. .
Posted By: racerx

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/27/21 08:54 PM

I do get a little flustered when my car runs 10.50s with years of work and high performance parts on it, then a buddy's BONE STOCK redeye challenger goes 10.50s with zero mods other than slicks lol.

iagree with this i was just talking with a buddy of mines about this a mutual friend of ours spent 10 years to get into the 7's (7.90's) with his Mustang and when he made it, there was another guy pitted next to him in a street car that went 7.90's shruggy

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/27/21 09:00 PM

I know the test n tuners sure like racing them but I rarely see them on race day. Maybe they aren’t very consistent. I would have to buy one and put a ton of money in it to run the ETs I am now so I think I’ll wait till I’m old to get one and be happy running 10’s.
Posted By: Gtxxjon

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/28/21 03:57 PM

Truly magnificent.

My Moparmate had a street 68 Dart with a 547 koffel motor and a Bruno lenco.
It ran 8.30 @ 180 with slicks on pump gas and 200 shot of No’s.

This was over 25 years ago but no one believes it happened... violin

So ‘heavy as lead’ gen-2 Challengers are running sevens, it don’t seem so fast now...

The times they are a changing lol... drive
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/28/21 08:00 PM

You are indeed correct on the times changing up
I can remember Top fueler dragsters where running in the 8s in 1964 smoking the slicks all the way down the 1/4 mile with no burn outs shock shruggy
My current S/P car runs in the high 8s at 150.+ MPH in the 1/4 mile with a mild bracket motor on E85 pump fuel shruggy

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/28/21 08:47 PM

I know the test n tuners sure like racing them but I rarely see them on race day. Maybe they aren’t very consistent. I would have to buy one and put a ton of money in it to run the ETs I am now so I think I’ll wait till I’m old to get one and be happy running 10’s.

My understanding is that they can be hard to cut a light with.

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/28/21 09:48 PM

Iv heard this too. What do they have and electronic throttle pedal or something with the go pedal. Lol.
Posted By: tex013

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/29/21 12:02 AM

Iv heard this too. What do they have and electronic throttle pedal or something with the go pedal. Lol.

Same as the Holdens here . Fly by wire throttle . You can get throttle enhancer or adjust the ecu .
A mate runs a Holden with mild LS3 . Does ok .

Tex

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/29/21 12:25 PM

Around here, there's a lot more fast stuff at test and tune night than there is on bracket day...if that's what you're referring to as "race day".

I got a laugh out of all the "950 hp club" decals I saw on some of the challengers and chargers at Mopars at the Rock that were running mid 10s.
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/29/21 03:18 PM

Runs 7's now

Re: Charger Hellcat 8.1 @ 170 - 04/29/21 06:04 PM

That thing is rollin'!
© 2024 Moparts Forums