Originally Posted by Bad340fish
The new stuff is cool and it has its perks for sure. If something happened to my setup I would probably go modern, or at least something with a modern powerplant. I do get a little flustered when my car runs 10.50s with years of work and high performance parts on it, then a buddy's BONE STOCK redeye challenger goes 10.50s with zero mods other than slicks lol.

But you don't have a mortgage sized car payment like he does either.

The new stuff has zero appeal to me...and I've tried. I messed w/ GM LS powered stuff 10-15 years ago. They're fun and all, but the EFI stuff irks me. Having to get it retuned for every little change...maybe I should have invested in EFI Live and done it myself, but I'm old school enough to know I like keeping things simple. Carbs are simple.
It bugs me seeing people at the track w/ these new cars and they know nothing about them or what makes them tick. (not all, but the majority) It's a different crowd for sure. Ask them what's done to it and they say it's Stage 3. What the he11 does that mean? LOL. What's worse is seeing them at car shows...looks like a dealership lot.

I still think, in the years to come, that the complex electrical systems and multiple computers in the newer cars will start failing and be a nightmare to repair.

Last edited by an8sec70cuda; 04/27/21 10:17 AM.

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax