Originally Posted by fourgearsavoy
I keep my tools in an organized drawers without special trays. When you work 100% flat-rate you need to know where your tools are at all times so you don't waste precious clock time trying to find a wrench. I work with a couple of younger techs with tools scattered everywhere. Now my home toolbox is a little less organized but I have specialized boxes at home, one for transmission work, carb and tuning , and engine work including valve spring compressors ,compression testers ,torque wrenches etc...

Gus beer

I need to show this to my wife. wink She always accused me of being OCD since I kept everything fairly neat and put up when I finished using it. I told her that the quicker I could put my hand on a tool, the quicker I finished the job and that put more money in my (her) pocket. grin Worked with a lot of techs over the years that wasted a lot of time pawing around in a rollaround piled high with tools. I would leave mine full if I worked late finishing a job but everything was cleaned and put away first thing the next morning. up

Tim

'71 Charger 383/727
'17 Challenger SXT (Wifeys car wink )