Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
Originally Posted by Fat_Mike
Originally Posted by GY3
Friends that work in aircraft have boxes that look like that.

At the end of the day they have to account for every tool.

Absolutely. In the Air Force, if your end product ends up on the flightline, every tool box is shadowed, every tool has its specific inventory number, every box has an inventory sheet, and every box is inventoried before and after every job. If you're a back shop, at the beginning and end of every shift. Jet engines are like very expensive vacuum cleaners. Sucked up random objects (like misplaced tools) play havoc on them, and they're very expensive to fix. Almost weekly (sometimes more often) an AF flightline gets shut down for a "lost object"...and a "lost object reports" go straight to the maintenance commander (colonel). They're normally lacking in the sense of humor department. I would hope luck similarly strict standards are held at civilian airports.

I am super familiar with mechanical objects. That is why I don't fly unless it's absolutely necessary.
I also will not drive next to a semi truck..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...84-hitting-driver/ar-BB1fgyEk?ocid=ientp
My first Snap On tool I ever owned was a socket I found in the curb in front of my house. I have since found several more sockets lying around in the road by my house. And I live in a neighborhood, not a heavily traveled roadway!
A couple years ago I was driving to work one morning and something caught my eye lying by the shoulder of the road. I realized it was a ratchet wrench. I thought about it the rest of my drive to work and kicked myself for not stopping to try to get it. I even called a coworker who gets to work later than me and takes the same route to tell him about it, but it was too late, he was already pulling into the parking lot.
I still am kicking myself for not turning around and going back to get that tool!