"What were the specs on the hydraulic roller cam and the springs you were using?"

It was an older grind. with 246 I/252 E duration at .050 and just over .550 lift with 1.5 to 1 rockers. I believe it had a 108* LSA.. I don't recall which springs it had, but it turned out the installed height was not correct and the resultant spring pressures were slightly too low. The springs began to lose control of the valve train at around 5800 rpm. The resultant valve train harmonics ended up disintegrating the needle bearings in my exhaust rockers. The intake pushrods were dampened by flexing just enough that they started touching the outside of the intake ports. The whole process was not really detectable by me while it was happening, as the motor would still pull like a freight train to 6500rpm.

I spotted some bits of metal in my heads after coming home from a car show and doing a routine valve covers off check. It took the sleuthing abilities and knowledge of Dwayne Porter to pin point the root cause of losing just the exhaust rocker bearings. He went completely through my heads, spec'd me a solid roller cam and helped guide Ross through spec'ing a custom piston to lower my compression ratio from 12.2 to 1 down to 10.2 to 1 while still having maximum quench. He rocked the set-up, and Mike at B3 Racing guided me through optimizing my rocker arm set-up. I also upgraded to 7/16ths Manton Stage 5 pushrods. Those things are burly.

I believe the spring pressures set-up was close to the limit of potentially collapsing the lifters if they were too much higher, but that is just speculation.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)