Originally Posted by A12
I went back to your original post and read it again and this jumped out at me:

The car is original with factory power brakes. This summer I had the master cylinder (single pot) and vacuum assist rebuild professionally.

Seems up to that point you only had one issue with the left rear brake locking up. Now you seem to have issues front and rear at all four corners. Have you discussed the issues you have now with the "professional re-builder" and asked what they think might be the issue? Have you found one of the hundreds of '55, '56 and '57 Chevy websites and Facebook pages that had to have had this issue in the past 56 years? To me the "professional re-builder" created something that was before the rebuild a single wheel lock up issue into what seems to be a nightmare or NO BRAKES! and a panic situation that could hurt you, someone else and your '57 BelAir. If you haven't gone back to the re-builder I would throw everything out the window and (re-) start there. If they are truly professional brake people you would hope they can help with a solution? Can they take a look at the situation or are they just a component shop or not nearby? Just thinking and typing on the keyboard.

Mike

Good thoughts.

The more I think about it the more I believe the car was this way since the beginning (at lease since I've had it). I believe there is a chance that the rear locks up so quickly because the fronts may not be doing their job well enough.

Karps Braks Service out of California did the work on the master cylinder. From what I understand they come highly recommended in the Tri-Five world. I haven't spoken with them about this yet as I struggled to see how a single pot MC could cause the issue (but I've been wrong before).