Originally Posted by poorboy
Are the brake shoes clean? Doesn't take much axle grease from a leaking seal, or a much brake fluid from a leaking wheel cylinder to cause a wheel to lock up. I understand that you have replaced the wheel cylinder, but these days, something being new does not mean its good.

Another thought is what condition are both of the backing plates are in. The brake shoes rest against the backing plate on 3 contact pads for each shoe. Those pads need to be perfectly flat. If there is a dip in any of them, the shoe will sit in the dip and could easily cause the wheel to lock up. It wouldn't return as far as the other side of the axle, and therefore makes contact with the drum faster, or it could be on the other side and may be keeping the shoe away from fully contacting the drum and it may not be functioning at full capacity, or may not be functioning at all. If there is a dip in any of the 6 pads on either side, you can weld them up, and grind them flat again. If you find any wear, check both the front backing plates as well. Gene

Good thoughts.

Everything was cleaned mulitple times and I've found no leaks.

I've heard about the pads on the backing plates. I checked both sides on the back and I couldn't see any difference between the two but I'm not sure how much wear on the tabs would make a difference. If I can't see a difference could that still be the issue or do they have to worn to point where you can tell by looking?