I really need help with my brakes on my ’57 BelAir. This has been my daily driver for the past three years and since I’ve had it the brakes have been “iffy” (soft). Also, the back-left wheel locked up very easily. The car is original with factory power brakes. This summer I had the master cylinder (single pot) and vacuum assist rebuild professionally. At that time I replaced the brake shoes, shoe return springs, drums, rubber hoses, wheel cylinders and I adjusted the brakes per service manual (just dragging when you spin the drum). When I finished the same back-left brake locks up REALLY EASY now (even worse due to new pads/drums). Just touching the brake pedal at 20 mph locks up the wheel. I backed off the adjustment on the back-left brake, still happens. I switch drums with the other side, still happens. Checked the axle and bearing on that corner and it seems fine There are no fluid leaks and I cleaned everything multiple times with brake cleaner.

I’ve been fighting this for months and I have no idea where to go now, please help!!!