Originally Posted by EV2RTSE
Originally Posted by RSI700VIPER
I'm trying to remember how long ago you bought the RT/SE. Seems like 25 years or more. Hopefully we can both find a shop that we can be happy with.

I had to stop and think - yup I actually bought the car back in 1990 or 1991! It was listed in the local paper and was only a couple of towns over from me. I bought it off of Bob G, I guess he raced a lot at Englishtown. He never titled the car, it was still under your name. I kind of rat-rodded it and drove it around for a while, around 2005 or 6 pulled it apart and sent it to a shop that had popped up close to home and then closed a few years later. I was estimated to have a painted shell for $X, but at X + 50% I was still only in primer- I had to pull the car. Life got very busy afterwards and it's sat on the back burner since. In hindsight I should have sucked it up and just saw it through, lesson learned. It's only going to cost (a lot) more now. But ready to take it the rest of the way. The engine is at a machine shop for rebuild, I've been told everything checks out, has a lot of miles on it but no issues so that's good to hear. Have collected a lot of really nice parts for it.

Time sure does fly. Can't believe it's been 30 years. Your car will look stunning in EV2 with a black top.

1970 Superbird 440 Six BBL, 4-Speed, Dana, FJ5
1969 Daytona Charger 440 4-Speed, Dana, EV2
1971 340 Challenger Conv. Flemington Speedway Pace Car, FC7
1970 340 Six Pack Callenger T/A 4-speed T8 Tan
1971 340 Challenger RT Formal Roof, EV2 w/ V2 Stripe & Orange Houndstooth
1969 Talladega Torino, 428CJ
1969 Gurney Special Cyclone Spoiler II, 351 Cleveland

"Id rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" Ben Franklin 1755