I think most people on this board have been through the same headache as you. It's not easy dealing with restoration shops regardless if they are close or not. I'm in the NYC metro area ( Staten Island). I understand your concern of "being close " to keep an eye out so to speak. The bottom line is if you find the right shop, communication is the key. I've used 3 different shops in the past all considered " Higher end - well known" etc. All the shops did excellent work, and all are expensive!!! but the main difference was how they communicated with me. I think it boils down to " "transparency ", making sure the shop gives you weekly updates, in writing and with pictures of the work. I know it's not close to you but I have a current restoration going on at Mike Mancini's American Muscle car restoration in Kingston, Rhode Island. Albeit very far from you ( and me) but hands down this has been the best shop I've ever dealt with. Quality is exceptional, but more importantly is his weekly updates and communication with me. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by MRVCODE; 02/20/21 03:54 PM.