Originally Posted by viperblue72
Originally Posted by WFO
Originally Posted by viperblue72
Jim,
The ports match up great, but it wasn’t without a lot of work. The ports were smaller but the casting sucked. It had to be filled in with quite a bit of spool weld and reshaped. A few ports were way out of alignment to the point the intake gasket hung into the ports.

Damn dude... Next time you need something like that bring it over and I'll Tig it for you. I'm right behind IWSI on W. 11th.

Great #s by the way. Did you assemble the short block?

I did assemble the engine and came up with the combo myself, but with plenty of research and questions.
Springers did the machine work on the block.

Cab, yes it’s a super flow but that’s all I can tell you. I realize that a dyno is just a tuning tool. But I can promise you the numbers are very real off this dyno. And usually disappointing.

The 80 degree air temp doesn't seem correct so that is inflating the numbers a little bit. This time of year the air temp is in the 40's or 50's. He must have his temp gauge mounted somewhere in a heated room since it doesn't vary during the pull. Usually the dyno room is well ventilated so during a pull the air temp will drop down to be close to the outside temp since so much fresh air is pulled in.