Originally Posted by 330Scott
My 36 yo Kenmore electric dryer gave up the ghost in August. So I bought the top of the line Speed Queen with the moisture sensing feature for around a grand. Took delivery in 10 days. Made in Wisconsin, btw.

The moisture sensing feature never was quite right from the git-go, so after talking to the local store and trying their lame suggestions, I called Speed Queen's customer service. They want to troubleshoot using email. Nuts to that. I left 4 messages before they finally called me back - on New Years Day!!! At least they called. After explaining the problem and giving them the s/n, they suggested I setup a service call. Okay

The service tech shows up and without doing any troubleshooting, he tells me that it needs a replacement motherboard. And that all of these $1,000 Speed Queens need replacement boards. So I ask, why not replace the board before you deliver it? He gave me some flimsy excuse about his service dept or something.

I have experienced a lot of crappy products and customer service the last few years and finally learned at least one lesson. From here on out I am going to call the customer service department before I purchase any big ticket items. If I don't like their CS, I won't buy their product.

But getting back to the bad circuit board, absolutely no rational excuse for a manufacturer to build, ship and then install known defective products.

The dryer does have a 7 year warranty and the board was installed this morning. Haven't tried it out yet.

we just bought the speed queen washer dryer. went with the 5 year one because i didn't want all that digital crap.. kept it simple with good old dials.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

www.MoparMisfits.com