We have a built in wall double oven 2 doors. I supposes it is 20+ year since I bought it new. Unfortunately, at the time, a simple control with knobs wasn't available. So it has a digital display with a smooth film control panel. The circuit board of this panel has failed twice, and the meat probe jack shorted leading me to think the board was failed. The first time the board failed, I bought a new board/control panel assembly. It was about $400, but thousands cheaper than a new oven.

The second time it failed, I had the circuit board rebuilt here:

Circuit Board Medics
800-547-2049
www.CircuitBoardMedics.com

They did a good job and it fixed it.

When the meat probe jack failed, it made the board go so wacky that the consensus from the experts I called was that the board had failed. I sent it back to Circuit Board Medics, they said it was fine, it must be the control panel, not the board. So I had the control panel rebuilt, and that did not fix it. So I did a bunch more diagnostics with the schematic, studying the error codes, and my digital VOM, and discovered the shorted jack, which I bypassed.

So My point is that you can fix it. I have about a grand into parts over 20 years. A replacement oven is about $5000+, and probably would have failed by now as well.

It's frustrating that this stuff is now built to fail so you buy a new one every 5 - 10 years. I choose to defeat that scam.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"