My 36 yo Kenmore electric dryer gave up the ghost in August. So I bought the top of the line Speed Queen with the moisture sensing feature for around a grand. Took delivery in 10 days. Made in Wisconsin, btw.

The moisture sensing feature never was quite right from the git-go, so after talking to the local store and trying their lame suggestions, I called Speed Queen's customer service. They want to troubleshoot using email. Nuts to that. I left 4 messages before they finally called me back - on New Years Day!!! At least they called. After explaining the problem and giving them the s/n, they suggested I setup a service call. Okay

The service tech shows up and without doing any troubleshooting, he tells me that it needs a replacement motherboard. And that all of these $1,000 Speed Queens need replacement boards. So I ask, why not replace the board before you deliver it? He gave me some flimsy excuse about his service dept or something.

I have experienced a lot of crappy products and customer service the last few years and finally learned at least one lesson. From here on out I am going to call the customer service department before I purchase any big ticket items. If I don't like their CS, I won't buy their product.

But getting back to the bad circuit board, absolutely no rational excuse for a manufacturer to build, ship and then install known defective products.

The dryer does have a 7 year warranty and the board was installed this morning. Haven't tried it out yet.