Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by jbc426
I drove around my buddy Mike Musto's B-Body with a 727 & Gear Vendors for a weekend. It was just too litlle of a good thing with that .78 to 1 OD. I wouldn't bother for that little of an improvement.

Then again I run an Extreme Automatics Stage 2 2004R with a 3800 rpm lock-up converter from Precision of New Hampton behind my 408 Magnum. It's the best performing transmission I've ever driven and has a 2.76 to 1 first gear and a .67 OD. Locking up the converter makes it seem like a 5 speed by dropping about 350 rpm in 4th. I painted it black and put a Mopar sticker on it for the purists.

Although if you have over 1000hp & 850tq, you would have to upgrade to a Stage 3 version.

Was the second pic framed to line up the TB sockets or was that just a bit of luck? work

It was kind of like Jupiter and Saturn the other day. If we were anywhere else in the solar system, it would not have lined up.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)