Hi Larry I skimmed over some of the post but did not read them all.

BUT a truck rear sump pan is needed and a front sump or center sump will not fit the truck chassis.

I have everything needed for a swap into your 79 truck but I do not have a booster. myself with disc on the front & rear later I would do manual brake. the small booster is tight as well.

best headers are the hedman 79250, they fit 2x & 4x4 chassis.

you just need a good empty BB 727 case to swap your SB 727 guts into and xfer all bolts up in stock location

the high mount PS is the one needed the lower mounted ones from a car hit the frame. I don't like cutting it to fit them.

your wire harness will adapt easy enough.

if you have a truck or late model WP housing on the BB the 79 rad hooks up and should work fine. mine do.

if you really want to do it I have the NV4500 2x 5 speed you can convert to 4x4 and have a manual granny 5 speed 4x4 but that's a lot more cash than just swaping in the BB engine.

I only wish I had a running 4x4 to swap a 440 into right now. I would already be wrenching. as you know I have already had a 79 RC back in the day.

440/435/205 with a 6" skyjacker lift, 4.56gear D60 front & rear with lockers turning 17/40/15 ground hawgs. "the ol'goat" don't get me wron my 2 trucks a fun but not like a BB 4x4 kind of fun.