Originally Posted by poorboy
Originally Posted by cudaman1969
Originally Posted by poorboy
I can tell you from experience that a big block center sump car oil pan doesn't work well with a 4x4. I put a 70 400 into a 70s 1/2 ton that had a dis functioning 4x4 setup, but retained the front axle (a broke teenager that needed a truck, bought the 4x4 without a drive train and had a 400 & 727 sitting). After the install, I slid into a ditch in a snow storm, the front axle smashed the oil pan and bent the pickup tube. Gene

So it will fit on a two wheel drive? Just eyeballing I thought it would even if notching the frame. A hammer and dolly can fix a valve cover too. 440 with six-pac ac unleaded heads and regular gas here I come.

I couldn't tell you for sure, the one I threw together was a 4x4 chassis.

The one real 440 2 wd truck I had had the truck oil pan on it, leaking dipstick tube and all. It been a long time ago, but I doubt you could have pulled that truck pan off the motor without raising the motor. I think the car pan's sump would be pretty close to the same place the 2wd cross member is. Gene

Thanks, I’ll pull the front end off to get a good look on how it all fits. Then make up a set of shorty headers too.