That is where I found the NHRA rule issue also. All of the installation instructions I checked outshowed the line lock solenoid after the distribution block. Other than making the warning light come on, it may be a functional reason to have the solenoid after the distribution block.

When you pump up the brakes and then energize the solenoid, the front brake fluid is locked. 700 to 800 PSI, depending on how hard you lean on the pedal. When you take your foot off the pedal, the pressure in the rear brake circuit drops to zero. This allows the spring biased piston to get moved (and the light comes on), because the pressure in the front circuit is more. I am going to pull my distribution block apart, and measure the bore and how much the piston strokes.

It is possible that there is enough piston movement to change the volume in the front brake circuit to reduce the pressure locked in, and allow the front brakes to slip.

But I still have the question, has anyone installed their solenoid after the distribution block?

Thanks, John

1971 Satellite Sebring Plus - 14.46 @ 95.43
1977 Road Runner - N/B 11.02@ 119 Drag Radials