Originally Posted by ek3
What is wrong with amd metal ? before you jump all over me , i know some brands are thin junk. maybe some of amd's stuff is too. not all panels are exact even from amd. but as long as the weights and fit are good , where is the real issue? if its quality metal, who can tell ? amd is around .047" nos is .044" if you have a rusty car that is mainly surface rusted and pitted , the metal is thin or can have thin spots from rust. in my opinion, if you can put the correct spot welds back and the fit is good what's the big deal ..

AMD is in no way shape or form like original metal. Inside stuff like floors cowls trunk floor is ok but the outside stuff will never have the same fit or crisp lines. Original panels where stamped with 200 ton presses on dies that took YEARS to get precise. For that car I will search for a rust free complete car to use it’s pieces. A 50 grand car for a 500 grand car all day long. It’s a 71 HEMI car 1 of 48.
Did anyone see the complete AMD 71 Cuda at Carlyle a few years back? What an abortion, all the door-fender-hood-trunk edges ROLLED to the gaps, just like the new fad of skim coating, lousy body work! The panel HAS to be flat to the edge not rolled over.

Last edited by cudaman1969; 12/22/20 11:11 PM.