Originally Posted by poorboy
Originally Posted by OhioMopar
I have always wanted a nice car, but I spent 10 years dumping money in one and never ended up driving it. I bought my current Super Bee to be less perfect(and it sure is less than perfect) and more fun. I've driven, broken, upgraded, and enjoyed this one for the most part. I love the look it has, but I honestly would love the rust holes and any path of entry for exhaust to be closed up. Everyone that sees it implores me to not restore it, but it would be stunning in a clean set of black robes. This is the look I grew up seeing, so it's what I've always wanted to make one look like. I would really like it tubbed, but I really don't want to cut into it.

Nice looking car!
By all means, fix the rust, and fix where ever the exhaust is coming into the car. Nothing wrong with a nice paint job either. I believe the paint blotch and factory marking is going too far, and I sure wouldn't want to put the original tires and wheels back on it, but there is a bit of distance between what it looked like rolling out of the factory door and what most looked like back when they were new cars. I knew a few guys that bought those cars new, the idea was to get the stripped down version so they had the money to buy the headers and mags, and whatever else they wanted. Many could have ordered the car with much of that stuff on it, but the factory pricing was way higher then the local speed shop was, and sometimes the factory offerings were not such high quality. There were reasons most of this stuff came with the painted wheels and poverty hub caps. Gene

Thank you. The car is actually coded on the sheet for road wheels, but I upgraded the front brakes and I like to drive it so 14" Road Wheels are out. You'd be amazed how many purist types lose their mind over putting 15" Magnum 500 wheels (Ford wheels, even though they come from Wheel Vintiques) on a car.
I did the steel wheel and dog dishes on the car when I sold my last set of wider front/narrower rear Centerlines. It looked terrible and I think it was the worst the car ever looked. Except when I bought it with Rallye wheels on it, that is .

Bee01.jpg

1969 Dart GTS 340
1969 Super Bee X9 N-96
1969 Coronet R/T X9 N-96
2015 Dodge Dart GT
2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn.
Looking for the original block for my Bee. The last 4 are 7449