Originally Posted by McCandlessboy
Great thing about the hobby, there is a butt for every seat. I can appreciate almost any car if hard work has been put into it. Even if I disagree on what was done. My dad on the other hand......is an old deaf racer who has no issue expressing his opinion lol. Makes for interesting times walking around car events.

There are ALL kinds of opinions in the hobby.
I recall as a teen, never seeing a Corvette unless it was pristine. I learned early on that some people had too much pride to roll around in a "prestige" car with primer spots on it.

I don't know where the trend started but some time ago, a few cars started trickling out that were totally functional but looked barn fresh. The reactions were split between the "That is GREAT, I'd drive it AS IS" crowd and the
"This is a disgrace, finish the car and then drive it" crowd. Rat Rods became popular for their low cost and creativity.
My red '70 is not a show car but a decent street driver. Last year I bought another '70 that was wrecked and ignored for 24 years. I've been slowly putting it back together and have rebuilt the original 383 for it. By Spring, it should be roadworthy. I'm going to leave it looking like THIS for awhile....

2 XH AA.jpg2 XH F.jpg2 Chargers B.jpg2 Chargers GA.jpg