"one night after too many beers.........."

HOO BOY ! if those cars could talk, the stories they could tell about the MANY times they tried to hurt us BAD because of the above ! eek
looking back with clearer eyes and slightly smarter [? grin] brains in our heads, it becomes apparent some of my friends and i seemed to go out of our way to do ourselves some harm.
my one buddy to this day can't figure out why he went on a drunken rampage back in 1971 with his 1970 383 4spd super bee. after the "fun" was over, there was damage scattered across a wide area with the bee ending half way up the most prominent flag pole in town, and not a panel on the car remaining straight !
when the police chief placed him in the front seat of the cruiser, [we were a well known bunch of hotrodders, so we didn't get away with anything - the "CHIEF" always knew !] he asked him if it would be necessary to cuff him, but my buddy was truthful and said "i deserve what you give me......."
it always was good if you were truthful with "Chief Earl".
after lots of money doled out in fines and restitution's, the city was back in order. my buddy was to loose his license for years, but hurricane Agnes flooded harrisburg and all the records were lost.
this event was talked about for many years afterward.
the only piece left is the bee emblem from the tail light panel, which i have "somewhere" in my stash.........

growing up today is nowhere like it was in the 50's, 60's and early 70's.
don't be boneheads like we were ! tsk
beer