Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Originally Posted by GTSDart340
Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Originally Posted by GTSDart340
Read the link posted above... The computer will always be the final decision in any event. All the pc does is increase the voltage, and not really by that much... And it still goes through the computer! The PC plugs in at the pedal. Can't bypass the computer. But if you like spending money on something you don't need to, have at it up

You are welcome to your opinion. But don't state it as fact for everyone else.

These are fun add-ons. They make a really noticeable difference in throttle response. You can actually hear it as well as see it in the videos that users have posted. If you can get past all the hoots and hollers of joy that the driver's are experiencing.

I think that this will be a fair comparison: We have re-curved distributors for 50+ years. By 2,500 or 3,000 RPM, their advantage is done. After that there is no help in dyno numbers or in MPH at the track. But there is no debate that the throttle response is vastly improved. These throttle controllers have the same affect with a different approach.

Just take a minute and watch a few of the videos that people have made. Do you think that they all are wrong? Or that they are lying? These throttle controllers are fun. They make a real noticeable difference. To deny that is to deny reality. They are not for everyone. But they are for real.

drive grin

I'm just trying to let people know what's really going on. If you feel it's worth the money, more power to you. But yes, I feel it's a waste of money. It's very different than curving the distributor. Curving the distributor actually makes the engine run differently, not trick you into thinking something is happening that isn't. The PC literally only controls how much voltage the computer thinks the pedal is sending it. Which is something you can do with your foot. No need to spend any money. Perception is a powerful thing.

laugh2 You have obviously not used one before. But everyone else, here and in the posted videos who have, are wrong.

And we re-curve the distributor to bring the advance in quicker. And the throttle adapters bring the throttle open quicker. The engine responds to both. Noticeably.

Stop by sometime and I'll buy you a cold one and let you drive a truck with it turned on and turned off. There is no way that the difference is only perception. beer

You know what, the next time I am in your area I will take you up on that! I would love to see the real world difference! And I agree completely with you, if you have never tried it how can you possibly know?!?

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!